Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 91: Ants on a Log (At Least Maxime Thinks It's Hot)


Ants on a Log
Status: Homemade
Satisfaction: 7.

Associated with: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)

I don't know if anyone else remembers this, but every time I watch the scene featuring Hagrid and Madame Maxime, I secretly cringe. Okay--not-so-secretly. The part I'm thinking about is where Hagrid tells Maxime about his mum; after staring contemplatively at him for several silent moments, she reaches down, puts her fingers in his hair, plucks something out...and puts it in her mouth. To this day, I still don't know (or want to know) what it is--flea, tick, ant--but it's certainly a liberty the directors took with the book, and sure as heck isn't my idea of a budding giant romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment