Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 39: Bolani and Assorted Dips (All You Harvest Moon Players Know What I'm Talking About)


Bolani and Assorted Dips
Status: Farmer's Market
Satisfaction: 10.

Associated with: Harvest Moon
I have a fatal obsession with this game. For those of you who haven't played it before and are thinking to yourselves, "It looks like a game where you'd freakin' farm all day or something"--you have no idea how right you are. And what's more, you have no way of possibly imagining just how addicting it can be to water corn and milk cows all day. So let me tell you: it's super addicting. Deathly addicting, really.

I also love farmer's markets. Okay, so I realize that the vendors at farmer's markets don't necessarily sit around all day sowing little tomato seeds and picking apples and stuff (my friend and I make it a weekly thing to buy from our regulars--the bolani man or the pita yogurt man), but let me have my romantic visions and I won't ask about yours. And really, who cares what I'm thinking as long as I'm supporting local farming and food, right?

(PS this is probably the first time in my life I've ever become a "regular" anywhere. So in addition to feeling like I'm rallying behind all my farmer folks and whatnot, I also feel like I'm in a really cheesy Hollywood film. Needless to say, it's kind of a nice feeling.)

No comments:

Post a Comment