Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 50: Okonomiyaki (Ucchan Style!)


Okonomiyaki
Status: Homemade
Satisfaction: 9.

Associated with: Ranma 1/2 (of course!)

I've been reading Ranma since I was 9, but I never tried making okonomiyaki until this year. Ukyo--otherwise known as "Ucchan"--is Ranma's second fiancee and makes a living cooking up mean okonomiyaki, a Japanese-style pancake with vegetables and an assortment of fillings. I'd never heard of it until I read Ranma, and somehow I spent the following decade-and-then-some drooling over this imagined version of what it would taste like when I finally got my hands on some. 


Needless to say, I won't be putting Ucchan out of business anytime soon--but considering that this dinner was totally Ranma-inspired and 13 years in the making...well, all I have to say is, 


Itadakimasu!


1 comment: