Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 49 (4-23-12): Stir-"Fried" Cabbage/Onions (Don't Feed It To The Cabbage Patch Kids)


Stir-"Fried" Cabbage/Onions
Status: Homemade
Satisfaction: 7.

Associated with: The recalled Cabbage Patch Kids Snacktime Doll

Judging from the plethora of photoshopped devil-eyes I encountered when I searched "Cabbage Patch Kids Snacktime Doll," I think it's safe to say that I'm not the only one who found them creepy. The premise was that you could "feed" these dolls (see the video link for an extremely creepy commercial demo) and they would chew and gobble it right up (the food would pop out again in the conveniently-located backpack attached to them). I don't remember the doll I had actually "chewing"--yes, I was a proud owner of one of these as well--but alas, the dolls were recalled when apparently a number of little girls decided to feed their hair to the dolls and, well, you can probably figure the rest out.

At least I know my cabbage is still safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment