Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 52 (4-27-12): Stir-Fried Veggies, Tofu, and Asian-Style Fried Chicken Over Rice (Thank Gawd Ah Don't Live in No South)


Stir-Fried Veggies, Tofu, and Asian-Style Fried Chicken Over Rice
Status: Restaurant (University of British Columbia's High-Class Food Mall--Sort of)
Satisfaction: 8. But I was so darn hungry, I'd have eaten anything.

Associated with: Princess and the Frog

I finished the whole damn thing, I was so hungry from the plane ride and a day without lunch. I haven't felt so accomplished since I went a 26.0 in my 50 fly. Okay, I didn't finish the fried chicken, which the Chinese lady at the food mall at UBC stuffed into my to-go box because apparently they were closing up shop and they thought it would be nice to have someone to give the leftovers to. Not that I didn't appreciate the gesture, but they gave it to the wrong person. Sorry, unfinished self-sacrificing chicken.

Anyway, as is probably already apparently, I couldn't stop thinking about the chicken. I haven't had fried chicken in years. Thank God I don't live in the South (hence the Princess and the Frog reference, by the way).

No comments:

Post a Comment