Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 15 (3/18/12): Tofu Veggie Udon (Will Get You Burned at the Stake)


Tofu Veggie Udon
Status: Restaurant
Satisfaction: 9. Especially on a sick day.

Associated with: The Crucible, by Arthur Miller

 
Any time I get any dish that arrives in something that looks vaguely cauldron-esque, witches inevitably pop into my mind and the hee haw voodoo chants of yore begin their mantra in my head. I was tempted to go with a picture of worms or snakes or other celebrated slimy creatures in a cauldron, but considering the fact that my stomach isn't taking up food properly as it is at the moment, I restrained myself to the fantastic witch hunts of The Crucible. Somehow I imagine the wives of Salem cooking udon in their tiny cauldrons and getting denounced by their neighbors with this "evidence" of their witchcraft. I bet Miller was seriously considering making that a key scene in the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment