Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 59: Greens Salad with Fat Baby Carrots (Humpty Dumpty Sat On A Wall...)


Status: Dining Hall (Covel)
Satisfaction: Actually, a 10. But then again, I was a hungry post-practice swimmer and it's really hard to ruin a salad that you make yourself. And that's free.

Associated with: Humpty Dumpty

'Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall:
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King's horses and all the King's men
Couldn't put Humpty Dumpty in his place again.
'

There's something slightly eerie about whole hard-boiled eggs. Maybe it's that I've read too much Carroll, but there really is an almost human aspect to them when you look at them for a really long time. 

An entire section of my senior honors thesis was devoted to the famous line by Humpty Dumpty in Alice in Wonderland (so it's appropriate that he gets his own day of food for thought):
'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'

I love that line! If you ever want to have a stimulating, scintillating (I also love that word) conversation about the significance of language mastery and adult authority in Alice--well, you know where to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment