Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 64 (5.9.12): Vegan Peanut Thai Wrap (The Flexitarian's Compensation)


Vegan Peanut Thai Wrap
Status: Bought (Northern Lights)
Satisfaction: 10

Associated with: Eating Animals, by Jonathan Safran Foer


I read this book a few years ago while I was going through my slow food/vegetarianism/food journalism/post-Pollan phase. In it, Foer explores the corruption of the meat industry, playing off a Sinclair-ian sort of appeal to the reader that ends with an overwhelmingly singular conclusion: Foer is now a vegetarian, and you should be, too. Needless to say, the gesture was a good one--but considering that it felt more like a diary entry than a really persuasive argument, I'm opting for a more lenient attitude. But getting vegan foods every once in a while makes me feel like I'm making up for my lack of seriousness towards this whole issue, hence my salute to Foer's mission through this little lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment