Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 75 (4.21.12): Mini Egg Cheese Puff "Fake-Cups" (Worthy of Any April Fools' Day)


Mini Egg Cheese Puff "Fake-Cups"
Status: Homemade (for a Dinner of Decadence!)
Satisfaction: Haven't actually had one yet...but I was told it was good! (I was sick all of yesterday and couldn't stomach anything of interest--hence the placeholder.)

Associated with: Arias Ink
ariasink.com: Arias Ink - Sailor Moon FanFiction Stories
Serena & Darien Sailor Moon FanFiction Stories

Okay, so this is the moment where I get to show off my truly geeky side. *Deep inhale*

I got the idea for these "fake-cups" from a blog post on April Fools' Day and decided to make them for the dinner of decadence I was hosting for our--you guessed it (or maybe you didn't)--decadent and pre-Raphaelite poetry class. They're little egg and cheese quiche-like cups topped with a "frosting" of mashed potatoes--decadent stuff, right? I know, instant mashed potato flakes. Real high class.

Anyway, every year, Arias Ink--which, FYI, is a pretty well-established Sailor Moon fanfiction/fandom site--hosts this absolutely fantastic April Fools' challenge where you have to hack, fight, and beat your way into the site through a series of tricks and challenges. Unfortunately, I missed the one this year without even thinking about it, but it's definitely worth dropping by if you haven't done it before. And, you know, if you want to get converted to the Moonie fandom (which I high encourage, by the way--we need more active readers!).


No comments:

Post a Comment