Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 62: Golden Cream Bun (A Food to Worship)


Golden Cream Bun
Status: Restaurant leftovers (Elite Restaurant)
Satisfaction: 10. Dinner and dessert!

Associated with: Buddha

When I was a kid, my dad used to make me peel off the red dot on the golden custard buns before I ate them because he was convinced that the red food coloring would do something terrible to me, like turn me into a mutant toad. Thinking back, I don't know why he ever let us eat Jello or any other number of oddly colored products (ketchup, for example), but I quickly became convinced that the red dot was the best part of the bun because it was, well, forbidden. To this day, I'll save the red dotted portion for last if I can and savor it. At any rate, though, the red dot also reminded me of the dot that adorned the Buddha statues we used to see--I guess that explains why golden cream buns taste so heavenly?

No comments:

Post a Comment