Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 61: Dim Sum (That's Sum Taste of Heaven)

BBQ Pork Glazed Buns and Sesame Balls

Fried Turnip Cakes

Shiu Mai (which I sadly did not desire to try)

Scallops in Rice Roll (also did not try)

Fried Taro Puffs

Status: Dim Sum--Also known in these parts as Dim YUM. (Elite Restaurant)
Satisfaction: 11. Out of 10.

Associated with: The Five People You Meet in Heaven, by Mitch Albom


Perfunctory shout-out to the dim sum diaries crew: Allen, Jen, Sujin, and Jordan...you guys are golden. Like the inside of a gooey golden cream bun.

Okay, so there's no inherent connection between dim sum (yum!) itself and this book, but I was browsing through my pictures and realized a) that it looks like something divinely originated (I'm almost hungry again just thinking about it--or I would be if I wasn't still experiencing a food coma...11 hours later), and b) I took five pictures. Five and heaven? You guessed it. The Five Dishes You Meet in Heaven. Or something like that.

On a food tourist's note, I would highly recommend this place. Not only does Elite give the usual places in San Francisco a run for their money (which is saying something), its ambience also doesn't make you feel like you've just stepped into the middle of a middle-aged-bickering-Chinese-women stampede. Granted, the lack of carts being pushed around and names of dishes being hollered at you in Chinese was disappointing (in that sense, this is an unusually American-friendly place), but it's still really good nosh for the empty stomachs (and wallets).





No comments:

Post a Comment