Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 66: Lots of Food for a Growing Girl (I'm A Swimmer Again--Only My Metabolism Hasn't Registered This Fact)


Lots of food for a growing girl (sort of)
That's Breakfast (fruit Greek yogurt parfait) and Lunch (garlic naan w/hummus + homemade date chutney) and Snacks (steamed zucchini + carrots w/a sprinkle of cheese, plus a pear)

Status: Melange
Satisfaction: 8

Associated with: Swimming Memes

Anybody who's ever been on a swim team knows the truth. We need it. And we're darn good at metabolizing it, too. Unfair, I know.

Unfortunately, the fact that I took a gap (count it: half a decade) off from swimming between high school and now means that my metabolism has not caught up; I'm winning my races and apparently outstripping my stomach's digestive abilities by spades. So all of the food for a growing girl?

Oh, she's growing all right. Nice and horizontal-wise.

For more fun swim memes, visit the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Swimming-Memes/348701488485768

(And just thought I'd share three more of my favorites--swimmers, please feel free to empathize like crazy.)


(Below: From "What Should Swimmers Call Me")
WHEN YOU ARE WARMING UP AT A MEET AND THAT RANDOM KID COMES OUT OF NOWHERE

No comments:

Post a Comment